[Javascript] Help with text file

Jaime Golombek jgolombek at mac.com
Wed Oct 15 12:02:35 CDT 2003

Hello
I'm trying to do some manipulation of data that is distributed as plain text files. This data is not generated by me and I need to give the user the flexibility to select the source of the file (URL) so I'm stuck with plain text files. I'm trying to meake is as cross-platform as possible so I'm loading the text file in an invisible frame. After searching this list's archive and all over the internet I haven't been able to find a way to use the data. I tried 'innerHtml' and 'innerText' without succes. Can anyone give me some tips or pointers? (the files can be relatively large ~50k).

Thank you for your help.

Jaime