[Javascript] Embedding the external html into a division section

Scott Hamm ScottHam at clientlogic.com
Thu Jun 3 10:21:23 CDT 2004

To JavaScript gods,

	I'm working on Intranet project that deal with massive external
documents. I am currently using java based drop-down menu and iframe (not
java based iframe, but using built in <iframe> tag) to simplify the
navigation only to one html file.

	Since my Intranet workstations use various browsers in accordance to
user's preference, iframe is not cross browser supported and doesn't really
work well with flexible layout that I'm trying to develop. The design
includes intensive CSS-P coding eliminating tables, extra tags and so on.

	Now, what I am trying to do is to make the full use of CSS tool
overflow:auto; and am wondering if JavaScript could retrieve the content
inside <body> of selected external document and embed to a specific <div>
and write into the currently viewed index.html and refresh the content after
external document is embedded into existing index.html? Is there such a
monster out there on the 'net or is it impossible to do so?

Thanks in advance,

Scott