[Javascript] Embedding the external html into a division section

Gee, David dgee at freemarkets.com
Thu Jun 3 10:32:57 CDT 2004

There are a few ways to do this

1) With hidden embedded IFRAMES. Seems you're supporting browsers that
don't support IFRAMES. If it's only netscape 4.x, you can substitute
ILAYER. It's been a while (thank god!) since I've had to support
netscape 4, but this might point you in the right direction:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascript/2002/02/08/iframe.html
http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/iframe.html
http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/

The preferred method of doing this with modern browsers, is to use XML
(XMLHttpRequest in Mozilla, ActiveXObject in IE)

David