[Javascript] dynamic product display

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Fri Jun 11 12:44:56 CDT 2004

>  Well, ok and what kind of help you need?
>   Use their code as example and build yours..

While this response may sound a bit abrupt, it was my first thought too.

   Most of the time (IMO) existing scripts are reusable only for the most basic (and trivial)
purposes.  They're very helpful for figuring out how something is done in a general sense, but
rarely do exactly what you need in your specific environment.  At that point the decision is to
hammer an existing script into place, which becomes a great deal of work to fix when you break
something you don't understand - or to start from scratch and write your own script using someone
else's code for reference.  In my experience, the author's coding (and thinking) style differs
enough from my own that debugging inevitable failures is much easier if I have written the basic
code to begin with.

   It's unrealistic to expect volunteers on a discussion list to contribute the code to build a
whole app, but a specific problem to address seems to get solved very quickly here.  Do you have a
[not-quite] working model you could post the URL to?  That might be more effective.