[Javascript] Select Box - List Style

Chris T christ at saeweb.com
Tue Jun 15 09:04:51 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lester" <lester at denhaag.org>
To: "[JavaScript List]" <javascript at LaTech.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Javascript] Select Box - List Style

> On 06/14/04 21:49, Hakan Magnusson wrote:
> > In decent browsers you can.
> >
> > Use
> >     min-width: 200px;
> >
> > instead of width. This won't work in Internet Explorer, since it's part
> > of the mind bogglingly new CSS2 specifications, only seven years old. :)
>
> Slightly OT but I thought I point this out to you anyway:
>
>     <http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/>
>
> <shortquote>

I went and checked out this site, but I'm confused. This page:
http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/compatibility/complexspiral/demo.html

Looks exactly the same in IE6 and NN7 and the scrolling behavior works in
both browsers as it says, but this following paragraph makes me assume I'm
supposed to be noticing some differences in the browser.
I'm not seeing any seamless compositing!
Then I'm willing to bet that you're using Internet Explorer for Windows (any
version), or possibly Opera (version 6 or earlier). Neither of these
browsers properly support background-attachment: fixed for elements other
than body. In the case of both, images are fixed with respect to the
elements that contain them, not the browser window, which is not what CSS1
defines background-attachment: fixed to mean, although browsers are allowed
to ignore fixed if they stick to CSS1