[Javascript] JS div to remain visible

Chris T christ at saeweb.com
Tue Jun 22 12:44:48 CDT 2004

As Laurent said, you can pass parameters through the querystring and request them in ASP - but you can also do it with JavaScript. That would require some work to make the links dynamic though so that you could pass parameters like that.

Also, as Hassan said, cookies can be used - the only downfall being that if the user has cookies disabled, it will not work.

Another alternative (and possibly the most messy) would be to create a frameset and have a hidden frame hold variables for you as the bottom window allows the user to navigate through the site. You'd have to make the top frame (or bottom, however you preferred) stay on the same page though as JS doesn't persist state.

Chris Tifer