[Javascript] JavaScritpt simple compression code

Allard Schripsema allard-schripsema at procergs.rs.gov.br
Fri Feb 18 06:23:43 CST 2005

Hi there

First of all i?d like to ask you if you are concatenating (using a loop) to
get these big strings
like for (...) {strchunk =getChunk() ; strtotal = strtotal + strchunk }

If this is the case, this probably is your big performance problem, NOT the
sending of these strings. (even 50 querystrings = 100 tcp packets * 20 ms???
NOT a "big" deal)
The answer would be to avoid concatenating into the big string until the
latest possible moment

If you?re after some simple compression tecnique, check out the .pcx
(imageformat) compression.
Or we could invent something here in this group, if you want.

great problem!

Allard Schripsema