[Javascript] script needed for site

Paul Novitski paul at novitskisoftware.com
Mon Jan 24 11:34:14 CST 2005

At 08:29 PM 1/23/2005, Richard wrote:
>I have a simple photo gallery, which uses a <ul> style hierarchy scheme
>which expands and collapses.
>Inside I include the thumbnails.
>When clicked upon, the larger image appears on the same page below the text
>part of the window.
>What I am attempting to do is, replace the text within that division with a
>description of the image.

Richard,

Here's one way to do what you want, from a site I'm just finishing up:
http://66.51.165.21/LaurieTobyEdison/

Navigage to one of the galleries (Women En Large or Familiar Men).  When
you click on a thumbnail, the large picture changes as well as the "Buy
this print" hyperlink text.  The text that changes could just as easily
have been a caption or other paragraph.  The technique I'm using populates
JavaScript arrays with data from a database on the server side, so the page
comes down loaded with the text required for all thumbnails (only 6 per page).

Paul