[Javascript] Passing variables from one page to another

Ian Skinner ian.skinner at bloodsource.org
Wed Dec 27 12:06:10 CST 2006

I'm trying to see how js can pass variables from one web page to another.

>From what I've read, it appears that I can attach a variable to a
window.parent.

In my mind you are talking about two different things here.  When talking about window.parent, ect one is talking about windows opened by other code.  So a popup of some sort opened by JS in the parent which then can pass data back to the window that created it.

But when talking about passing variables from one web page to another, I picture from one request to another.  This requires using something like cookies, get and|or post headers.

HTH

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.