[Javascript] For the birds

Andrew Ip andrewsyip at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 14:05:43 CST 2006

Hi Tedd,

I got bit by a similar bug earlier this year.  What's the cache
setting in Internet Explorer?  IE has a bug such that if you set the
cache setting to "Every visit to the page," IE will try to reload
every image file for every image element that you add to a web page
via JavaScript.  If you change the cache settings to something else,
you'll probably find that the problem no longer occurs.

For more information on this weird IE behaviour, refer to the
following website:

http://ahinea.com/en/tech/ie-dhtml-image-caching.html

Hope that helps,
Andrew