[Javascript] Ajax question

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Sat Dec 30 13:39:59 CST 2006

At 12/30/2006 09:24 AM, tedd wrote:
>I realize that ajax is used to circumvent full page refreshes, but
>what if you want to refresh the page AND use ajax at the same time?

Tedd,

I suspect that your problem is indicated by your use of the
expression "at the same time."  Which do you want to occur first, the
page refresh or the ajax request?  Obviously the page refresh must
come first, otherwise the ajax-delivered content will be obliterated
by the page refresh.

I suggest you explore this path:  reload the page with a querystring
that indicates the desired ajax request, then after page load have
javascript collect the desired content.  Something along the lines of
http://example.com/testpage.html?ajax=rock

Regards,
Paul