[Javascript] DevToolbar

joel.goldstick at columbuswebmakers.com joel.goldstick at columbuswebmakers.com
Wed Feb 15 14:20:18 CST 2006

> I wonder if these tools mean the end of javascript as a browserside
> validator? What is the point in validating clientside, if you have to
> rewrite the code on the server?

Client side validation should NEVER replace server side validation
precisely for the reason you elucidate.  Bad actor types who are trying
to do mischief can always get around javascript validation.  In fact,
users who have javascript turned off don't have to do anything to get
around it.

The purpose of client side validation is the offer assistance to the
user so that s(he) doesn't have to waste his time waiting for the server
to accept his results then reject them and ask for them to be re-entered.

So, you really ought to do both
--
Joel Goldstick
www.columbuswebmakers.com