[Javascript] DevToolbar

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Wed Feb 15 14:20:28 CST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:41:12 -0200
  "Allard Schripsema" <allard-schripsema at procergs.rs.gov.br> wrote:
> I wonder if these tools mean the end of javascript as a browserside
> validator? What is the point in validating clientside, if you have to
> rewrite the code on the server?

javascript should never have been considered a reliable validation tool to begin with.

It is a convenience add-on effect to have javascript "sanity check" a form before waiting for the
round-trip confirmation from the server that inputs are wrong/incomplete/etc.

Can you get away with javascript-only form validation?  Yes.  Are you more prone to injection
attacks?