[Javascript] disableselect in firefox

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:55:44 CST 2006

Hello,

what's the equivalent of the "onselectstart" event in firefox ?

How do you prevent selecting text and/or image in FF ?

"onselect", event is not geting called !
"ondraggesture", probably not yet implemented ? ('ve found no description!
What does it do?)

non of the variants I've tested so far doesn't return anything. To make it
mor dificult, javascript console handles them gracefully - no error detected
once or ever.

If not, shoulld I relly on some other unclean workaround, like selectively
canceling the mousedown or something else?

Troy III
progressive art enterprise