[Javascript] 'name' property in forms not XHTML valid

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Tue Jan 24 15:37:57 CST 2006

Jonathon,

On Jan 24, 2006, at 3:55 PM, Jonathan Gold wrote:

> Incidentally, Roger, my own IE (resolution 1280 x 1024) seems to have
> complied with the validXHTML (just cut back my URL to the main
> jonnygee site), though I mostly am using Firefox now.

XHTML strict is not supposed to be served with the text/html mime
type.  If you serve it with that mime time, ie will be happy to
pretend it is plain old html.  If you serve it with the correct mime
type (application/xhtml+xml), ie will barf.  See <http://hixie.ch/
advocacy/xhtml> and <http://juicystudio.com/article/content-
negotiation.php> for details.

Roger