[Javascript] finding an element in the DOM sea

Jonathan Gold johnnyclock at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:41:31 CST 2006

situation. My page is about how to change colors on the web. When I
change the background color for the whole page, these elements that
are inside of lists and span classes ... their background doesn't
change. So I want to talk to them. So that I don't have to bother the
list each time, my question is:

In general, and specifically, how do I determine the (as-it-were)
'address' of each element on my page so I can direct javascript
commands to it?

Here's the page: http://home.pacbell.net/jonnygee/auxiliary/colorpage.htm

Try any change in color and you will see my problem.

Thanks

--
Jonathan
Berkeley, CA