[Javascript] Automatic Options

Henrique Rennó henrique.renno at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 15:13:58 CDT 2006

Hello everybody!!!

I'm new to this list and to JavaScript too. As a freshman I'd like to
know if it's possible to solve the following problem:

I have to access a page where there are some combo boxes with many
options and after choosing the right options I have to click on a
button to see the desired results (the combos' content is like a
filter to a query).

The result is a table of values and this table is generated in HTML (I
saw the page's source code).

The page I want to access is a php page and I don't know if it uses
some database for storage of values.

My doubt is if with JavaScript I can do a script to automatically
connect to the site, choose all possible options inside all the combo
boxes and execute the button to go to the next page where the results
are shown. After that I'd like to store locally the table that
contains all the values I need to do my job.

I'm asking a solution to this problem because there are about almost a
thousand of options to choose and it's painful to do it by hand.

Thanks for the attention,

Regards

--
Henrique