[Javascript] Automatic Options

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Wed Jul 5 03:46:16 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 05:13:58PM -0300, Henrique Renn? wrote:
> I have to access a page where there are some combo boxes with many
> options and after choosing the right options I have to click on a
> button to see the desired results (the combos' content is like a
> filter to a query).

So you want to access a third party site and download all the data
from it without that site providing you with a direct means of doing
so?

I suppose it might be possible using JavaSscript (using something like
GreaseMonkey), but it would likely be easier to take a look at Perl
and the WWW:Mechanize module ...

http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/WWW-Mechanize-1.18/lib/WWW/Mechanize.pm

... or Mozilla::Mechanize should the site need you to execute
JavaScript to get at the data ...

http://search.cpan.org/~slanning/Mozilla-Mechanize-0.05/lib/Mozilla/Mechanize.pm