[Javascript] DIV visibility

SkyScanner skyscanner at eircom.net
Mon Oct 9 15:35:04 CDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Dougherty" <mdougherty at pbp.com>
To: "[JavaScript List]" <javascript at LaTech.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Javascript] DIV visibility

> Is this customer reporting the problem using an unusual display?
>
> ..visibility = 'hidden' does not affect the layout of what would have
> otherwise been in the space
>
> So if the screen was wider than what you developed on, the non-visible
> content may affect the container space of the rest of the page.

Hi Mike - no, everything else is OK - I wrote the rest of the code myself !!

Actually, its quite an interesting effect. A backing page, then 2 DIVs
positioned absolutely, on top of each other. When the button is clicked, it
looks like a new page has loaded. I guess I could have got the same effect
with a php page, passing variables, but this worked just as well, apart from
the error previously mentioned.

Tim in England