[Javascript] DIV visibility

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Mon Oct 9 16:20:52 CDT 2006

At 10/9/2006 01:35 PM, SkyScanner wrote:
>Actually, its quite an interesting effect. A backing page, then 2
>DIVs positioned absolutely, on top of each other. When the button is
>clicked, it looks like a new page has loaded. I guess I could have
>got the same effect with a php page, passing variables, but this
>worked just as well, apart from the error previously mentioned.

FYI here's an example of a page of mine that uses the "position it
off the screen" approach to content switching:

http://laurietobyedison.com/WOJwords.asp

This contents page and the essay pages below it have a
Japanese/English toggle switch.

With JavaScript disabled, the language links reload the page with the
selected language displayed -- which it does simply by setting the body class.

With JavaScript enabled, the language switch happens instantaneously
using the same method.

Paul