[Javascript] Using libraries for everything (Was: Listing Images on current page)

Terry Bader bader at tcbader.com
Thu Sep 6 12:25:29 CDT 2007

i absolutely disagree.  for one the problem is not "trival"  though the answer is only a few lines long it is not trival for sure and his overall project was not described and offering a library that can do many things might actually benefit it on the whole.

secondly, all of todays programming languages (which i use loosely with js) are based on libraries.  some are builtin and others are developed by other users, or your own personal libraries.  thus to say that using libraries is inappropiate is far fetched...  using them wisely as you pointed out is however essential...

but i want to point out, i just suggested looking into it...  i firmly believe that people learn faster when you give them tools and in the hopes of learning something new, the proverbial light bulb might click on when they learn that jquery (or any other extensive library) can add on or give them new ideas about things they are currently doing.  ie. he wants to search images...  maybe next he wants them flying around and then he learns that he can use something called ajax to pull data from the server to do something else....

so if you have not explored jquery, i strongly suggest you look at it (keyword look)...  it can open up possibilities that you did not realize before...  it may not be for you, but then again it may be exactly what you are looking for...

~Terry