[Javascript] Fade transition onmouseover/out based on CSS :hover?

Cutter (JSRelated) java.script at cutterscrossing.com
Thu Sep 27 08:34:38 CDT 2007

 > In essence, I'd rather be learning lowest-denominator javascript than
 > some other bizarre language that teaches me how to use a product but not
 > much else directly (ie libraries). I can easily see the advantages to
 > just using jQuery, but it's just not me.

Barney,

I can respect that, after being on this list for seven + years myself.
Don't know how many times I've written custom form validation libraries,
or rollover functions, etc. I will argue, however, that libraries like
JQuery aren't completely a 'black box', like Flash, because you can
inspect, and change, every line of the source code, if you wanted. It
may be worth it to read the code, if for no other reason than to learn
from it. The same can be said for the ExtJS library. John and Jack's
code is something worth learning from.

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer