[Javascript] Accessibility (discussion)

David Hucklesby davidh126 at writeme.com
Wed Nov 19 09:47:34 CST 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 04:50:46 +0000, Troy III Ajnej wrote:

> I mostly rely on existing JS - DOM - CSS browser capabilities.
>

> When I say accessibility, I think of people with disabilities.

[...]

Many of your ideas would benefit everyone, I think. Changing the layout
to accommodate wide windows, for example. Also take a look at the BBC
site. At the top of most pages they have a link to "display options"
and another to "Accessibility help". That should give some more ideas.

However, I would not rely on JavaScript alone. I think you'd need to
handle this server-side as well, where possible. Scripts can sometimes
be turned off, intentionally or otherwise - for example, setting IE 7
Internet security level to "high".

Good thinking. Thanks.

Cordially,
David