[Javascript] Javascript to change include filename

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Jan 21 16:12:57 CST 2009

Del Wegener asked:

>>My client wants to have 12 - 20 different pic_ordernn files.  A random number
>>generator should be use decide which file to include (pic1.txt, pic2.txt,

>>Is this a PHP job?

Hi Del,

It's pretty easy to do in PHP (or any other server side language).

I had a nice example where I had the picture references and the CSS in some db tables and then randomly selected the row to display.

Can't remember where I put that at the moment but it let users hit a force refresh and change the look of the site, or clear their cache and see the site differently, or revisit on another day and look a little more fresh.

Rats.  I'm gonna have to dig that up.

Sorry,
RonL.