[Javascript] Javascript to change include filename

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Jan 22 15:50:31 CST 2009

At 8:46 AM -0600 1/22/09, Del Wegener wrote:
>----- Original Message ----- From: "tedd" <tedd at sperling.com>
>>Del:
>>
>>For you to use server-side includes like that, then the suffix for
>>your file should be ".shtml". Change it to ".php" and try this:

>>  <?php  $n=rand(1,15); include('pic' . $n . '.txt'); ?>
>>
>>If you need any further help, just ask.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>tedd

--- and

>Tedd:
>That looks like a perfect solution.  I won't have time until the
>weekend to try it, but I do have a question.
>I use other includes (like header.txt and footer.txt) and therefore
>should use the suffix .shmtl.
>
>If I look in my PHP books will I find a way of "including" those
>other files when the suffix is .php?
>
>I can probably avoid those other includes, but would rather not.
>
>Aside:  If the above is typical of PHP, I really need to get busy to learn it.
>
>Thanks again
>Del

Del:

I brought this discussion back to this list so that others may benefit.

All your questions will be answered IF you fully follow my write-up here:

http://sperling.com/examples/include-demo/

Welcome to the wonderful world of includes -- your world is about to change.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------