[Javascript] DHTML\AJax\WebParts\JavaScript

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Thu Jan 22 09:26:40 CST 2009

Sounds like we'd really benefit from seeing the JS output (as opposed to
the string-building code).  FYI, window.opener is the proper syntax for
getting a reference to the window which opened the current window.

One notable exception to the window.opener syntax is cross-domain
scripting, i.e. when you're trying to send values between windows that have
different sites open.  Most current browsers will prevent you from doing so
due to security concerns.

Peter

From: "Gene Berger" list_mail at att.net

Whoops ...

I have tried the commented-out code. I can't seem to get a reference to
the
calling web page to send back the value to the calling page. The
JavaScript
errors I get are always along the line of "object is null or doesn't
exist".
(The object being the parent window calling the popup.)