[thelist] RE: HTML test (tip): The other side.

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Sep 8 13:53:44 CDT 2000

> > "How would you place a 100x100 red square in the top left
> > corner of the
> > page."
> > (this comes in the context of a bunch of css questions).
>
> Using CSS:

> height:100px; clip:rect(0px 100px 100px 0px); background-color:#FF0000;
> layer-background-color:#FF0000; visibility:visible;"></div>

I love it. When can you start :)

(also responding to your second mail where you point out the ambiguity
of the question etc..)

The typical mistake here is to not test this in netscape (i did, it
looks lovely - you pass :), so people without hands-on experience with
cross-browser dHTML frequently just put in width: 100px; height: 100px.
So one of the things we are looking for is whether people are testing
their code as they go along.

> Could I write that off the top of my head? Uh... no...

No-one's asking you to. Knowing how to go about it, and that it needs
testing is what's important here.

thanks
Sam