[thelist] today.gethours() on IE 5 for Mac

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Tue Jul 17 13:19:34 CDT 2001

I am laughing (bwaa-ha-ha-ha-ha!) as I write this, because I am never
unimpressed by the new challenges I am presented with when testing on IE5
for Mac.

I've got this javascript see...

- it gets the date, day, hour, and minutes (of course, hour =
today.getHours())
- it has a radio station program schedule stored in arrays by day of the
week
	Example:
	Monday = new Array(programname, programname, etc.);
	Tuesday = new Array (yadda,yadda,yadda);
- it sets a variable ("prog") to hold, say, Tuesday[hour]
- it then it writes out "Now Playing" + prog

This works exceptionally well...except on a Mac running IE5. NN4 on the Mac
is great, IE5 on the PC is great, NN4-6 is great on the PC...

IE5 on the Mac doesn't. We've tested it on several Macs running IE5, and
find that it consistently shows the program from one hour ago. It's an hour
behind!

[Insert hysterical laughing here]

Que? Anyone know of strange quirks with IE5 for Mac using getHours()?
Doesn't just pull time from the system clock? IE5 owns the world and now
they want to take over time, too?!?!?!

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.....!

BH