[thelist] Lost Linux Pass

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Wed Nov 14 20:28:34 CST 2001

| Garrett's covered all the bases on this

Maybe,

But, you might look at it from the other way around... you _do_ have the
password.

It sounds as if you think that a system reconfiguration disabled you from
using your password that you believe (or half-believe) works.

Maybe you wrote it down? I remember getting a slip of paper with the
username /and/ password for my account on it with my ISP (probably had my CC
number on it, too, and that one word that the hypnotist embedded deep within
my psyche at the mere mention of which the dramatic tale of my troubled past
and hope-inspiring future comes spilling out, strung together with the
linguistic ligatures binding all creation into one coherent, logical whole
8)

Also, check your whole computer for the text which may be your password.
Even in the registry. You never know if the SSH client you were using cached
it, though, the better ones wouldn't by default.

<rory disposition="half-baked, but its more exciting for the mouth that way"
alt="8)"/>