[thelist] site check please - http://www.stemofficial.co.uk

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Wed Apr 3 10:20:01 CST 2002

sasha wrote:

>why does the forum need to be in its own pop-up anyway?
>it is totally unnecessary.  an extra click that shouldnt
>be there.  hmm.. lets go to the forum.  ok, forum page
>loads and now we have to click on an extra link to
>actually get to the forum!

Agreed, the pop up window for the forum seems completely unnecessary.
You're using UBB so it should be pretty simple for you to add a header /
footer that makes the forums look like the rest of your site - then you
can have them as a standard page on the site rather than in a pop up
(horrible) or a new window (not too keen on that either).