[thelist] Re: Bad DB Data?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Dec 2 11:52:01 CST 2002

> > I'm assuming there is still some bad data in
> > the database that is causing this timeout.
>
> > that made me smile
>
> Hey rudy,
>
> Do you have a second to tell me why my statement was amusing,
> because I'm clueless here.

i'm sorry, perhaps one has to be biased, like me, but the problem you
describe is likely how your code is handling the data, rather than the data
itself

infinite loops fall in this category, although i am not suggesting that's
what's causing your problem

if the problem is repeatable on a certain few records, you will no doubt
soon find them

these records may indeed have what we would call bad data, even after you
have cleansed them of "backslashes, forwardslashes, quotes, and semiquotes"

when you find the culprit records, i'll have a look at your select and
update queries if you like, although i won't be able to help with your asp
code

rudy