[thelist] Dreamweaver MX "Sharing Violation"

MarsHall evolt at marsorange.com
Tue Dec 3 10:34:01 CST 2002

On Monday, Dec 2, 2002, at 20:43 US/Central, Russ wrote:
> The LOCAL SITE is still on our LAN, not on the WEB; regardless of the
> terminology, locally is as stated--locally, not on the internet.
>
> Tomato, toe-mah-toe.  What's the big deal?

The deal is not big, but when asking for advice, it's really nice to
use terminology properly!

I have seen numerous instances on theList of people merely using the
wrong word to describe something, which generates many responses that
don't answer the question.

"Local" (relative to a filesystem) is on the same physical computer, as
apposed to "remote" being across a network connection.

Mars :)