[thelist] Main digital agencies.. (oot?)

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 10:10:01 CST 2002

--- Jack Guest <jguest at alconedigital.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know which digital 'agencies' (UK/Worldwide) are
> considered the 'big players' these days?
>
> I think Razorfish were thought of as one of the main ones back in
> the day, but im not sure how things have changed..
>
> Any information would be useful

In 'the day' The big players were (not necessarily in order) Sapient,
Scient, Viant, Razorfish, USWeb/CKS (MarchFirst), Organic, Diamond,
Cysive.. a few others (not an exhaustive list but those were some of
the biggies) - those were basically pure play - and they competed
with the big 5 consulting firms including Anderson Consulting (now
Accenture).

Most of them have gone by the wayside. SBI has bought a handful of
them and is trying to position themselves for a rebound, I don't know
how big of a player they were in the day, I never heard of them until
they bought my alma mater Scient.

I'm not sure about UK firms since I'm US based, but I know that when
I was with Scient we did a fair amount a work there, including Boots.

As for todays big players, Accenture is probably the biggest. The
rest are all trying to hang on in one fashion or the other. The old
Big 5 are still around like Deloitte, KPMG, PWC...

HTH.

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();