[thelist] Searching multiple words in database

Aleem B aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 3 22:14:16 CDT 2003

I should have mentioned that I am ussing InnoDB tables and want to
search across multiple tables (joined search).

I was looking at fulltext but the MySQL docs and user comments don't
mention anything about searching across multiple tables and from what I
read, fulltext is not supported on InnoDB tables.

I am using "MySQL Ver 12.21 Distrib 4.0.14, for pc-linux (i686)"

> From: Aleem B
>
> I have a MySQL DB which I wanted to be able to search for a
> user submitted query (through a search form). Right now I am
> doing a LIKE %query% match on multiple fields (using OR). I
> want to be able to search multiple words and then return the
> results order by relevance.
>
> Is there an out of the box solution or script or tutorials
> you guys can recommend or give me some direction on efficient
> ways of doing this.

Thanks,
aleem

[ http://www.aleembawany.com/ ]