[thelist] tomcat config - regexp in url-pattern?

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Thu Oct 2 10:42:19 CDT 2003

[re-send, think I sent to the wrong address originally - apologies if it
shows up twice]

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with Tomcat configuration
I have a <servlet-mapping> block, and want to map my servlet to handle
directory indexes only e.g.
	http://localhost/context/dir/
	http://localhost/context/dir/?param=value
but let another servlet handle
	http://localhost/context/dir/anyfilename.html

I've gone through the docs and it looks like the syntax I can have
inside a url-pattern is limited to prefixes and wildcards (e.g /dir/* )
So I'm not sure how to map the above.

I'm looking for something as rich as apache's RewriteRule.. but it
doesn't seem to be there? If this doesn't make any sense, yes, I'm
confused, sorry :)

thanks for any pointers,
Sam