[thelist] Copyright Infringement - Client Posted Website Using a Comp (prior to payment)

Tim tim at pinkcandyproductions.com
Thu Nov 13 11:10:21 CST 2003

Hi all,
Can anyone provide advice regarding recourse in a copyright infringement case (in Canada).

A client of mine used my comp of their proposed website to create and upload their new home page. I had my company's copyright notice as the page footer and they changed it to the name of their company.

I made it very clear that they would receive the project files once I had received the final payment. I have not yet received payment. I have asked them to remove the page until I have been paid and they have refused.

What are my options?
Any help would be appreciated.
Tim