[thelist] one login for a phpbb bulletin board and members pages...

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Fri Jun 11 19:56:23 CDT 2004

At 05:00 PM 6/11/2004, Justin Zachan wrote:

>What I would like to do is have one central logon page that would have the
>effect of making the users logged in to the member's pages and the bulletin
>board. So I guess using all the functionality and database of the bulletin
>board to act as a login to the member's page.

What you need to do is fine out how phpBB does it's setup of the user
cookies or sessions when successfully logged in. Then replicate or use
those functions in your login page. Then when you protect those member only
pages, use the session/cookie check phpBB uses to validate the current
session/cookie.

---
Anthony Baratta
President