[thelist] Display problem in navigation column (IE6-win)

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Sun Jul 4 16:40:58 CDT 2004

Peekstok, Anna wrote:
> The page: http://www.metrokc.gov/kcdot/test.asp
>
> The css: http://www.metrokc.gov/kcdot/newstyle.css
>
> The problem: Page looks fine when first opened in IE6-win, but when resized
> (not 100% of the time, though) the content in the left-floated navigation
> column goes all screwy, meaning the box-style list elements in the top half
> of the list expand in height but appear to be empty of content. The bottom
> half of the list remains fine, and the whole thing goes away when I refresh
> the page.
>
> A problem also manifests itself if another window has been placed in front
> of the browser window and then moved. That same top half of the navigation
> column stays empty of content where the window was covering it.
>
> The fact that this only happens to the top half of the column really makes
> me suspect a coding error, but I check and recheck and just don't see one.

I've been on a much-needed vacation for a week - it's nice to see my old
friend, the IE peekaboo bug, again, now that I'm back :)
http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/peekaboo.html
This bug is fairly common (if thelist is any indication), but very
baffling if you've never dealt with it before - good luck!

HTH

--
Sarah Sweeney
Web Developer & Programmer