[thelist] Affiliate Marketing / Ecommerce

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Aug 2 19:47:37 CDT 2004

Diane Soini wrote:

>> affiliate module such as Interneka.com, AssocTrac, CommissionJunction,
>
> I know less than nothing about affiliate marketing, but the other day
> my computer was unable to keep any applications open. I ran Spybot S&D
> and it found two things running, one of which was from Commission
> Junction. I hate to say anything bad about them, since their
> headquarters are just down the street, but once I removed their
> spyware my computer ran fine again.

Wouldn't doubt it, though mostly it's just CJ's cookies that SS&D and
AdAware deem "information miner" or something similar.   CJ is one of
the biggest affiliate/associate program services, and probably has some
spyware/scumware agreements with some clients or something.  I certainly
would not recommend them, but they are nevertheless popular, thus the
mention.
--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce