[thelist] HTML Email question

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:21:40 CST 2006

On 3/3/06, Donald Pasewark <don at pasewark.com> wrote:

> I've recently been tasked at work to create a weekly HTML Email to
> our sales force. I've got the templates done and initial testing
> (through Outlook) shows that the CSS styles are not been transferred.
>
> When all is said and done, I'm not really clear on how HTML Email and
> HTML are different. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the
> right direction on a good tutorial or reference on how to create HTML
> Email and what formatting limitations there may be.

When i've made HTML emails I have generally stuck to HTML 3.0 and
avoided the use of CSS. Dare i say it - even using simple tables for
layout.

Apparently support for CSS is improving in email clients, but its a
lot of work to take on for what is generally a little return
financially.

This link will help you if you wish to carry on with the CSS route:

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/archives/2005/08/optimizing_css_1.html

hth ben.