[thelist] Can I develop .NET 1.1 with VS '05?

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 10:23:30 CST 2006

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) wrote:

> Of course I have a million questions, like "why can't they load
> balance Classic ASP",

Am I right in thinking that one possible reason could be the use of
ASP's built-in sessions? I think I read that these are specific to one
instance of IIS and are therefore inimical to load-balancing across
multiple servers.

Is the implication then that .NET can get around this without
hand-rolling your own session handling though MUNGed querystrings?

Interested for future reference...

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net