[thelist] TIP: Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Mon Mar 12 12:52:46 CDT 2007

I have no connection to Amazon--I just noticed this service recently.

<tip type="Simple Storage Service">
Amazon S3 is storage for the Internet. It is designed to make web-scale
computing easier for developers.

Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to
store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the
web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable,
reliable, fast, inexpensive data storage infrastructure that Amazon uses
to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize
benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.

http://aws.amazon.com/s3

</tip>

OTOH, godaddy offers 100 GB of online disk space for under $7 a month. :)

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?app%5Fhdr=&ci=5652

Hershel

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/