[thelist] tabbed nav: won't sit down in FF, head chopped off in IE

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Sat Jun 16 08:16:34 CDT 2007

On Friday 15 June 2007 23:17, Joel D Canfield wrote:
> http://spinhead.info/ah/4.1/
>
> It's working as expected everywhere I can test except IE6, where all the
> tabs are 1px too far up. Since this is the browser the client and their
> clients are most likely to be using, how can I fix that without just
> bumping everything down in all the browsers that get it right?

You could use a hack, but for forward compatibility use the Microsoft
recommended "Conditional Comment" syntax to feed a one line style sheet just
to that browser.

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<link href="/ie6.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<![endif]-->

Or:

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
selector { property: value }