[thelist] Review my site..... Please

Megan Holbrook meganwh at wi.rr.com
Wed Jan 14 10:07:14 CST 2009

Martyn -

At a very quick glance, your informal home page introduction might be
better replaced with a paragraph that stresses your high standards, the
high profile of your clients, the wide range of services you provide,
and that you cover (all/most?) of the UK. Maybe include more examples of
projects up front, rather than just a single image.

My initial reaction was that this was probably a website for a smaller
business, until I saw the page with your clients on it. Overall, I think
the writing could be more professional. I'd also get rid of the Google
ads, banner ads, search, etc. at the bottom, which don't belong on a
business website (and might lead people to other similar contractors to
boot!).

HTH, Megan

Megan Holbrook - megan at kapow.com
Partner - Business Development
kapow, inc. (www.kapow.com) - website design, development & consulting

Most recent website launches:
The Contemporary Jewish Museum, San Francisco (www.thecjm.org)
LA Philharmonic (www.laphil.com) &
    Hollywood Bowl (www.hollywoodbowl.com)
PBS Seeing in the Dark (www.pbs.org/seeinginthedark)

kapow, inc. Milwaukee               kapow, inc. Los Angeles
2405 E. Wyoming Place               1301 Montana Ave., Suite A
Milwaukee, WI 53202                 Santa Monica, CA  90403
T: 414.273.2446 * F: 414.278.9056   T: 310.394.5276 * F: 310.394.5278
www.linkedin.com/in/meganholbrook