[thechat] List oddity or just me?

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Wed Feb 28 13:01:08 CST 2001

Hi Chris,

> I guess the question should be, did you or others see the spaces
> in the URLs I sent?

Yes.  Well, I do anyway.  Your mail proggie might wrap it on the way out, or
mine might do it on the way in..

> when I scrunch the window down to way less than 72
> wide, the URL wraps, stays "hot" up to character 76, and STILL
> has an inserted space at character 77.
Well, there's two kinds o' wraps.  There's a "display" wrap that your mail
client uses to make text more readable (so you don't have to scroll to the
right on long lines), and then there's the "hard wrap" that your mail client
inserts into long lines of text (God knows why).

If you're sending a long link to more netsavvy people, just point out the
link might wrap and they can fix it.

Otherwise, as much as it pains me to say it, HTML-formatted email is the
only other way that I know of to keep those URL's in-tact.

Amazonically speaking ;), you can whack everything to the right of the ASIN
number and usually fit it in..  That is, unless you want the commission, ya
cheap bastard. :)
Like this:

Seth

Seth Bienek