Name Game (was: Re: [thechat] Driving in America

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Mon Mar 5 12:06:19 CST 2001

Cool! I considered doing that, too, Judah. Still might do it if we decide
one family name is important when it's time for kids. David Atkinson sounds
just as good as David McCreath to me.

Anybody who knows me has heard me spout the statistic (which I can't
support, but read somewhere reputable) that only 10% of American women keep
their own last name when they get married. It shocked both of us when we
heard it because almost all of our married friends had each kept their own
names. We thought it was a generational thing. Who knew!

David