[thechat] Which reminds of of an article on SoftwareDevelopment...

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Fri Mar 23 18:11:45 CST 2001

Judah McAuley wrote:
> There are people who hate Emeril?  How can you hate that man.  He's a
> fantastically entertaining chef.  Do you also despise the Iron Chef
> competition?

Nope. I *love* the Iron Chefs.

And as for Emeril, he's a great chef (had dinner at a friends and they
made a great spinach salad from an Emeril cookbook), but his personality
and shows (what, has he got like 15 concurrent shows on The Food
Network?) grates on me to the extent I find him unwatchable.

--------------------
Emeril:   Now here is cucumber!
Audience: *GASP*
Emeril:   Is that a cucumber or what?
Audience: *HUZZAH!* (clapping), several people squeal with delight
Emeril:   And we're gonna take it up a notch!
Audience: (several member of audience burst into flames from the
           pure excitement over what is, indeed, a cucumber).

It reminds me too much of infomercials.

Now the Iron Chefs my wife and I loved from Day 1. We used to catch them
in L.A. all in Japanese. It was genius to watch even when we understood
not a word!

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>