[thechat] gas prices..

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Fri Apr 13 12:17:38 CDT 2001

Glad to hear it worked for you.  Guess the difference is that your results
are specific to your vehicle and the FTC is speaking more generally.  Just
bothers me that many oil companies advertise higher octane fuels as if they
were some sort of performance/mileage/emissions godsend, when by and large
they don't do arnything but pad the company profit margins and increase the
consumers operating costs.  In fact, I know of others who have used lower
than recommended octance fuel in their cars with no change in performance or
mileage and significantly lower fuel costs.

As always YMMV :)

Norman