[thechat] Third Wheel

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Thu May 3 13:07:44 CDT 2001

At 12:47 PM 5/3/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Yes and -- "Well Defined Calf Muscles" -- Hah! you should see that sturdy
>little man -- 60-rock-solid pounds!
>
>Now, if your dealers would cooperate with web sites that list Burley
>products (REI turned up zip on trailercycles and Burley, but I did find
>some) . . ..
>
>Thank you!
><t />

*Sigh*.  Yes, I've been around and around with them about this.  They are
very leery of online sales.  They don't want to compete with the channel,
so they don't sell on their site but they are also wary about websites they
don't have control over selling their products.  Very brand conscious that
way.  And then you throw in insistent retailers like REI who want to sell
online everything they have in their retail stores and it gets to be a bit
of a mess.  The web is really tricky for a lot of manufacturers.

Judah