Star Wars, was: [thechat] Star Trek Enterprise

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Oct 16 17:05:10 CDT 2001

>Hm. I never thought of his accent as Japanese, just foreign. Which is
>bad enough.

Listen closely to the accent next time...

Anyway, PP Girls rests a lot on 50's schtick which includes a certain
amount of stereotyping (that fiddling monster is the evil ig-nr-ent
southerner stereotype...) I'm thinking the Japanese-sounding accent
is a WWII movie & perhaps Godzilla hangover...

I've seen interracial couples on PP girls, though...

>I have a friend who has a long rant about how fat, ugly women should be
>made the heroes of a few Disney movies to balance the karmic books.

Or fat beautiful women.  Or wise old women.

(Nasty old women being the evil-villain stand-by for Disney.)

>I was hoping that Darth Maul wouldn't die. I wasn't crazy about the
>cartoonishly evil look (something a bit more subtle would have been
>better), but I did like the character.

Darth Maul looked like a metal rocker.

Speaking of which:
http://www.anthrax.com/nfws.htm